Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Flock of Ill Omens, by Hart Johnson

Deadliest virus in a century, or a social experiment gone awry? 

 Every year they warned about the flu and more often than not, it amounted to nothing. Sidney Knight, a young freelance reporter had certainly never written on it. But a trip to Lincoln City, Oregon cut short by a beach full of dead seagulls and a panicked warning from her brother the scientist catch her attention. This batch is different. Deadlier. And the vaccine doesn't seem to be helping. It almost looks like it's making it worse... 

A Flock of Ill Omens: Part I is the first episode of A Shot in the Light, an Apocalypse Conspiracy Tale about what happens when people play God for fun and profit. There will be approximately ten episodes, each the equivalent of about 100 pages. 

 Good Reads has a sneak peak posted. You can find the purchase link and more information about the book here. And if you want it FOR FREE, I will be offering it free on the release dates of at least the next two in the serial: September 19 and October 10. 

 Hart Johnson writes books from her bathtub and can be found at Confessions of a Watery Tart, though be warned. She is likely to lead you into shenanigans.

*****

I've read the first installment, and I am thoroughly hooked. Sid is a great character, and the investigation she starts is filled with thrilling twists. Plus, I'm a sucker for apocalyptic novels, so I'll definitely be reading the rest of the chapters to come. 

7 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

YAY! I'm so glad you like it!!! Thank you so much for sharing this!!!

Hart Johnson said...

(I just quoted you on my 'about this book' page--hope that's alright! This is the first 'public forum' feedback I've gotten!)

Connie J Jasperson said...

I'm all itchy to get my hands on this book! Yay Hart!

Catherine Stine said...

Ah, Alison, I trust your judgement, so hmm, gotta read Hart's first installment now!

Alison DeLuca said...

Absolutely, quote away! And Cattherine and Connie - you won't be disappointed. Hart is the best.

Yolanda Renée said...

I've started but not yet finished it, and it is compelling. Go Hart!

J.L. Campbell said...

Hi, Alison,
Nice to 'meet' you. I need to be sure I read Hart's story.