Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dentist

image courtesy of Flickr
Off I go to sit in a tilt-a-chair and get my teeth scraped. I don't seem to get cavities any longer, since every tooth that could be filled is now silver. However, that scraping thing... the old gums have receded, apparently, and the tech doesn't seem to heed my cries of pain when her torture device dental tool goes for a big flake of tarter or whatever it is called.

So, waah and whine. Yes, I know I'm lucky to have access to regular checkups and I'll be happy when I'm old gumming my apple crisp, but right now I dread several things:

Loss of time on my new novel. I want to edit that thang. Waah!

The taste of dentist in my mouth. It's going to linger for several hours; I can already feel it. Blech!

The free little pack of floss destined to sit in a drawer with all the other free little packs of floss. Note - must clean out that drawer after I edit the novel.

Hunger - dentist appointments always seem to come at lunchtime. Boo!

Toy chest - maybe I would like an eraser or styrofoam plane too??? Just sayin

Boredom - nothing to do but listen to the hygienist and not talk back, what with the glaved fingers in my epiglottis and all.

Oh, I guess she might put on the Chew for me, but that returns us to the hunger issue.

No, look - I'm being a big old baby here, but I've had to physically restrain myself from canceling this appointment for those reasons. Nothing to do but suck it up (along with a lot of saliva) and suffer through.

Next on the fun to-do list : Boob squish day!
ONE of them is smiling. (Wiki commons)




2 comments:

endodontics hertfordshire said...

Whenever there is requirement of visiting dentist clinic that time first question comes in our mind is how to find perfect dentist. In such case i may suggest you take help of your family members, friends or else ask your family doctor to suggest you dentist Orelse you can consult the American Dental Association's member directory this will also gonna helpful to you.

Unknown said...

It's great that you had that. Gotta keep them teeth clean and well-maintained. We only get to have the real deal once. So the quality of service should live up to the magnanimity of that importance.

Smiles Of Cary